I am very eastern in my thinking… what I mean by that is that I try to stay away from medication and eat things that might have the same healing effect. One of those great things happens to be ginger. It is good for so many things. If you are pregnant and nauseous for example it will help with that. Or if you have circulation problems. How about for you digestion? I read latest today how good it is to make a Ginger lemonade. With lemon, honey and ginger to prevent getting a cold. Sweden is getting colder and flu and colds are luring around the corner.
- It reduces pain and inflammation, making it valuable in managing arthritis, headaches, and menstrual cramps.
- It has a warming effect and stimulates circulation.
- It inhibits rhinovirus, which can cause the common cold.
- It inhibits such bacteria as Salmonella, which cause diarrhea, and protozoa, such as Trichomonas.
- In the intestinal tract, it reduces gas and painful spasms.
- It may prevent stomach ulcers caused by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
If you need to boost up not to get a cold… here is the recipe I found today!
- 1 liter water
- 1 big piece of ginger
- 1 – 2 organic lemon
- 1 tsk honey
- Peel the ginger and shred it. Rinse the lemon carefully and cut in big pieces.
- Boil the water with the ginger. When the water is cooling off a bit then squezze some of the lemon juice into it and through in the lemon pieces.
- You may or may not use the honey. If you do mix in the honey at this point.
- I would keep the lemon and ginger in there, but it is ok if you wanna remove them. Drink warm or cold!
Lemon also happens to be the best to keep your system alkaline… disease doesn’t stick as well in an alkaline system as a sour one! Drink more lemon water in general. Super good to boil water in the morning and squeeze in a lemon to detox the system as well.